The department faces a large fine after admitting to workplace safety breaches at its youth detention centres, where a guard was bashed with a guitar and another officer had hot water thrown in his face.
- by Adam Cooper
- by John Silvester
- by Melissa Cunningham
Newly liberated Melburnians could be granted more freedoms in less than a week, with an emotional Daniel Andrews flagging a further easing of restrictions and incentives for people to return to the city.
- by Annika Smethurst and Marta Pascual Juanola
Lockdown fatigue has enabled voters to accept a dramatic political change of course, but concern remains about the pressure on Victoria’s health system.
- by Annika Smethurst
- by Annika Smethurst, Sumeyya Ilanbey and Rachel Eddie
- by Sumeyya Ilanbey and Paul Sakkal
- by Adam Cooper and Tammy Mills
- by Cameron Houston
- by Adam Carey and Simone Fox Koob